The role of Territory Account Manager is your opportunity to develop your own following within the Northeast territory (NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, VT, NH, ME, RI). You are selling memory, networking and other IT hardware solutions through resellers and distributors, and with the guidance of a great distribution sales team, your career could skyrocket to the next level. You'll leverage your outstanding sales abilities and relationship building skills as you build and nurture relationships with existing customers and contact customers with limited exposure to Axiom and expand their knowledge of what we have to offer. If you're a sales professional with a burning entrepreneurial spirit, ready to take control and make a strong impact shaping and developing the Northeast territory, while building a lucrative career, consider this role with Axiom.
As Territory Account Manager, working out of your home office in the NE region and reporting to the Sr. Director – Channel Sales, your key objectives will be to:
- Proactively drive revenues/margins to ensure organizational profitability.
- Develop channel partner relationships with existing VARs, National Service Providers and distributors, and work to identify new business through phone calls, sales calls, attending conferences and other events, and utilizing the internet, etc.
- Plan, engage, market and sell Axiom products to targeted accounts within the NE territory in the US.
- Identify areas of business opportunities inside of each reseller account.
- Present and train reseller management and reps on Axiom product offerings, productknowledge, and programs.
- Attend regional VAR shows.
- Identify new prospects.
- Work directly with channel customers building relationships.
- Cultivate business within assigned strategic accounts. You’ll spend approximately 75% of your time supporting existing business and 25% pursuing new business.
Pivotal to your success and the success of the team will be your ability to promote the Axiom name. In addition to your key objectives, you will work to promote Axiom at marketing and other events in the field. At times that will mean working with C-Suite decision makers and key stakeholders, individually and with team members. All Axiom products are sold through resellers, VARs, National Service Providers and distributors.
To be a good fit for the Territory Account Manager opportunity, you will have:
- 3 - 5 years of inside or outside sales experience demonstrating a progressive desire and success.
- Experience building and sustaining relationships across levels and titles.
- The ability to work from a home office in the NE region.
A progressive approach to sales that both incorporates and promotes:
- An outgoing, personable and customer-centric attitude.
- Outstanding relationship building skills.
- Self-motivation and innovation.
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and respect.
- Dependability and a strong sense of ownership.
- Courage without fear to be on the phone making connections and fostering relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop well-considered proposals, business letters, emails, etc.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), experience and accountability for using a CRM and the ability to easily learn new technology.
- Having knowledge and experience with distribution/channel sales
- Established relationships in the memory/hardware industry
Additionally, to be an outstanding Territory Account Manager, you should possess the following core competencies and characteristics. You will have the ability to:
- Establish, measure and deliver on goals.
- Maintain a strong customer focus; gain customer attention and awareness.
- Make strong decisions.
- Provide feedback when necessary and relevant, not just when asked.
- Take an action-oriented approach.
- Excel individually and as a member of a team.
Why Join Us?
Serving resellers, VARs and their end users for nearly 20 years, Axiom is the fastest growing memory, storage, and fiber-optic connectivity upgrade provider in the corporate, SMB, and government markets supporting our customers with top-notch personal service. The sales team is passionate about our products and our customers, constantly thriving to expand!
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer a comprehensive slate of benefits to include medical, dental & voluntary life insurances, a 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time, and more.
Don’t wait! Submit your resume today!