Carbonite’s founders have been committed to providing great service to our customers since the Company was founded. That commitment continues to this day. Carbonite invests more money in customer service than any of our competitors and we believe that our Customer Support team is a primary competitive advantage of our Company. We value our customers so much we moved our support center from India back to the United States (Lewiston, Maine).
So how do we insure our customers have a great experience when they need help and reach out to Customer Service? First and foremost—Happy Tech Support Professionals create happy customers. We strive to equip our team members with the best tools and training, great benefits and a positive work environment.
As a Technical Support Professional, you will be helping our customers solve both non-technical and technical problems, and become familiar with our products and services while increasing their confidence in our brand. You will also help drive sales by ensuring that customers are backing up all of their important data with Carbonite and that they are on the right plan. You will be responsible for responding to incoming support requests via email, chat and telephone. When possible, we try to promote from within, so there are plenty of opportunities to grow.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and are usually one of the first to try new gadgets
- You truly enjoy interacting with people
- You are experienced with and willing to engage in sales techniques
- You like being a person that has the expertise to help others solve specific problems
- It makes you happy to make other people happy
- You are a self-learner, able to solve problems and prioritize customer needs
- You’re organized and have strong attention to details
- You get energized when you get to keep multiple balls in the air—diagnosing problems, toggling between software programs and bringing problems to resolution quickly
- You won’t be satisfied until you are an expert on our product line
- You will affect change to recover dissatisfied customers and positively transform their experience
- Responsible for responding to incoming customer support requests via email, chat and telephone.
- Provide technical and non-technical support to customers regarding their Carbonite subscriptions.
- Responsible for adhering to all scheduled shifts, and maintaining excellent attendance.
- Will also have the opportunity to assist with marketing and sales activities.
- Experience in a role that interacts directly and frequently with customers. Experience as a customer service rep is desired but not required
- Technical aptitude and interest in computer technologies and software applications
- Ability to identify and offer sales opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional phone demeanor required
- Must be able to type at least 25 words per minute accurately
- Should be willing and able to sit at a workstation for the majority of your 8 or 10 hour shift
- You must be able to communicate effectively by phone, email or chat
- High school diploma or GED/ HI SET required
- We’re open 7 days a week, 8:30am to 9:30 pm. Schedules will include at least one day on the weekend – We expect all Tech Support Professionals to fully participate in these scheduling requirements