Technology / Business Activity:
Location / Zip Code:
9443 N Springboro PikeMiamisburg 45342
As a Senior Software Engineer your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Develops moderate to advanced components with simple, elegant, and reusable code
- Feels a sense of ownership in the quality of our product and codebase, and fosters this attitude in the rest of the team
- Continues the focus on code quality throughout the team, striving for clean code and limited technical debt
- Leads and participates in design, code and test reviews
- Maintains an understanding of current industry trends; can be a thought leader, introducing team to new technology trends applicable to our business, and not just focused on technologies being used in day-to-day tasks.
- Leads small to medium technical project design, engineering and integration efforts
- Consults across project team to maintain existing technologies and features, while also proposing and implementing appropriate new technologies
- Works independently to solve complex system problems using debugging tools or other diagnostic aids
- Recommends and performs system and code changes to obtain optimum system performance
- Works comfortably with our continuous integration tools to automate builds and deployments across all environments from development to production
- Plans release activities with the rest of the team’s developers, and coordinates with testers and operations
- Troubleshoots system outages and communicates well with stakeholders throughout the effort
- Considers new functionality and business processes each sprint and raises technical implications
- Performs engineering cost/benefit analysis to verify potential effectiveness of new projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+years of experience developing software on a development team, preferably in an Agile environment
What we are looking for in you:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a cooperative team environment with internal & vendor resources
- Passion for simple and maintainable code, and getting things done
- Willingness to pitch functional or technical ideas to leaders to gain commitment
- Excellent technical knowledge (coding, testing, design)
- Excellent communication skills
- Communication with leadership, and proactively influencing and educating members of technical and managerial staff on technical issues
- Ability to work through complex problems and reach a workable solution
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations on problems / project of moderate to advanced complexity
- Java, maven, junit, Spring, MySQL (or equivalent), Hibernate
- Solr, Lucene, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Mongo, Couchbase, Cassandra, etc.
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience scaling infrastructure to support large-scale systems, including applications, databases, message queues, microservices, and caching strategies