A growing Managed Service Provider in Mentor has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer.
The candidate should have least 3 years of experience including Servers, Firewalls/Routers and escalated help desk issues. Candidate must be customer focused and familiar with serving clients with a sense of urgency and care.
Position pays competitively with a base salary and performance pay.
Standard Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401k, Profit Sharing and a Health Plan are provided.
Bachelor degree or higher is preferred
Three or more years of experience with LAN technologies, including network operating systems (Windows), topologies (Ethernet) and protocols (TCP/IP), and Wide Area Networking, perimeter security, SANs, virtualization.
2 or more Base Industry Vendor Certifications or 1 or more Advanced Industry Vendor Vendor Certification
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Install and work with computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Install and troubleshoot server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Set up user accounts and passwords per security best practices.
- Oversee software security.
- Configure and manage email, spam, and virus protection.
- Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
- Ensure systems comply with industry standards and keep networks running smoothly.
- Support administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manage Backup and Restore protocols.
- Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
- Document network issues after resolved
- Design and implement systems to monitor and test network performance and provide network performance reports.
- Perform on-site client analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Provide ongoing tactical and strategic input for network planning and related projects.
- Task estimation for project and escalated ticket work.
- Support network and computing infrastructure.
- Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
- Team Lead for the administration and maintenance of client’s infrastructure, LAN/WAN.
- Team Lead for the administration and maintenance of computer hardware and software for company training programs and provides additional support when necessary.
- Team Lead for troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery done by more junior engineers.