Are you a customer-focused technology superstar? Have you built a career making your customers and partners successful by helping them adopt innovative technology? We're hiring for a Pre-Sales Systems Engineer to join our Channel team and partner with Partner Account Managers and our direct sellers, and add to our customer-centric, winning culture! Our ideal candidate is someone that is highly motivated, collaborative and a self-starter and will play a direct role in driving our growing market-share and helping us build the next great company in IT.
Our systems engineers wear many hats, including:
- Turbonomic Platform Expert
- White-boarding Guru
- Product Demo Master
- Agent of Change
- Pre-sales Consultant
- Voice of the Customer to Engineering
What You'll Be Doing:
- Learn the Turbonomic value proposition across Performance, Efficiency and Compliance.
- Use consultative selling to identify customer pain points associated with large virtual and cloud environments
- Lead technical presentations in person and assist sales directors with ROI presentations
- Conduct product demonstrations online (WebEx, GTM, Zoom) and in-person
- Convey and document technical requirements to prove business value across large organizations within associated sales region
- Address any and all pre-sales technical questions related to the full Proof of Concept (POC) cycle
- Provide technical assistance within POCs and assist other regions if needed
- Provide input and feedback to engineering teams and development
- Willingness to travel to customers and Turbonomic HQ as necessary
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience (5-7) years in virtualization (VCP-DCV) and cloud computing architectures.
- 5-10 years in data center infrastructure or related field in a sales engineering or consulting capacity
- Experience meeting with sales prospects in person, understanding complex environments and delivering the Turbonomic value propositions effectively
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player who is driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and high activity environment
- Strong affinity for customer relationship management and requirements gathering
- Understanding of the virtualization management competitive landscape, and technical features of competing products within the ecosystem
- Astute in presenting to and conversing with customers; ability to deliver technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Deep understanding of data center interdependencies around the virtualization layer, including: storage, security, network infrastructure, applications, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. CS, Economics, or Engineering is a plus
- Candidates who have experience working within the channel ecosystem preferred.