Zyxel Communications is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Midwest Territory Account Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible to prospecting large VAR, MSP and DMR accounts as well as developing current accounts within the Midwest US territory.
This job will be based in Chicago, IL; candidates should reside in Chicago or surrounding area.
Primary Job Functions:
• Development of recruitment strategies optimized to obtain key target partners within the territory.
• Establish and maintain positive & proactive relationships with partner sales reps/management to build mindshare and drive sales activity.
• Design and implement joint partner business plans and business strategies
• Work in conjunction with the Zyxel channel marketing team to plan and execute partner based and/or regional promotional activities
• Keep current with Zyxel product release information including sales materials, product roadmap, features, applications, competition and disseminate to partners as appropriate.
• Create and analyze sales reports, identify shortcomings and take corrective action.
• Establish, develop, and maintain strong professional sales relationships with potential future Channel Partners to ensure continuity in the territory.
• Participate in territory events, distribution and trade shows when required.
Qualifications and Skills:
• This position requires a driven individual displaying strong leadership and self-motivation.
• Solid presentation, organizational, and communication skills are critical to success and a must for the position.
• Able to possess advanced computer-networking knowledge and have a solid base of overall technical acumen.
• The candidate will have the ability to make decisions independently or in a team environment and shall exhibit excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
• Travel is expected for successful territory development and will be 50% or greater.
• Qualifications include a bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field or a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Extensive experience in large VAR and DMR acquisition and management.
• Previous experience managing travel expenses, marketing budget and account profitability.
Compensation and Benefits:
Zyxel offers a competitive salary and commission structure, comprehensive benefit packages including paid time off, 401(k) matching, medical and dental plans.