Carbonite is expanding its sales organization and seeking experienced Channel Account Managers to join the team in Boston. In this role, you’ll manage all business development aspects, with a primary focus on sales revenue and lead generation with partners. You will balance sales support, partner management, and sales training with the focus of growing the sales funnel. Management of partners include targeted recruitment, assessment of their quarterly and yearly yield for Carbonite, and handling channel conflict in an ethical and reputable manner.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
The Inside Channel Account Manager is acting as the liaison between Carbonite and its Channel Partners and s/he will be responsible for:
· Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to sales rules of engagement.
· Manage and be the main point of contact for new and existing partners in the assigned region/account assignment
· Aggressively drive partners to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices, training and support.
· Assist with orders flowing from Partner to Carbonite as needed
· Communicate masterfully with partners on new products and service offerings.
· Leverage or enhance systems and procedures to streamline partner management.
· Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects.
· Managing the sales process with partners; including all available products, and through necessary transactional needs.
· Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
· Demonstrate industry knowledge.
· Conduct themselves properly and represent Carbonite in the utmost professional, ethical manner.
· Recruit partners to fill white space in region and/or market and complete necessary onboarding
· Be self-motivating, have the ability work cross functionally, and build mind share.
· Understand intricacies of the assigned territory and coach sales team how to identify and capitalize on business opportunities and leverage partners to drive revenue
· Regular contact and planning – review meetings with the Channel Partners to present our company and solutions - build relationships and maximize revenues.
· Meet and exceed quarterly and yearly quotas and successfully complete any KPIs
Resumes are important, but we’re looking for a special person
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, influencing the partner to achieve a desirable outcome, both via telephone and written form.
- Comes across as open, clear and assertive, although able to build effective long-term relationships.
- Able to handle executive level meetings.
- Critically evaluate all available options and effectively execute a conclusion to achieve the desired result, working either independently or as part of a wider team.
- Able to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization and plays an active part in the achievement of shared solutions and results.
- Demonstrates a high level of energy and enthusiasm to achieve a positive result, overcoming any obstacles.
- Is a self-starter and driven to succeed, whilst displaying a confident approach.
- Works well under pressure and deadlines.
- Applies a resourceful approach to work, using time management skills and prioritizing a complex workload.
- Structured and methodical, yet additionally able to adapt style to maximize the achievement of a positive result
- The applicant must be prepared to undertake regular regional travel around their defined territory and occasional travel elsewhere. It is expected that 25% of the Channel Account Manager person’s time will be spent on the road visiting Partners.
- Working closely with the Sales personnel, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying the most lucrative opportunities within their territory and developing an on-going sales campaign.
- Working closely with the presales and technical resource to increase the Partner technical skills so that the Partners can do successful evaluations of our software and gain commitment to purchase from the end user.