Progress Software is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who has the ability to manage programs and processes in support of a Global Channel Sales team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience working successfully in a high paced atmosphere which requires the ability to assess and change priorities based on the needs of our customers. Ability to drive results, coordinate and manage multiple, simultaneous demands of varying size and scope is critical to the success of this position.
The Partner Program Manager must have demonstrated experience with process improvement and the professional acumen to manage all aspects of the implementation and execution of partner programs and initiatives. Leveraging keen organizational skills, problem solving, and creative thinking, this person will resolve escalated issues, and continuously drive process improvement within the organization and in support of the external and internal customers of the Channel Partner Organization. The candidate will be required to provide regular feedback to management as well as participating in and contributing to scorecard and quarterly business reviews.
The Channel and Partner Program team continually strives to achieve exceptional partner experiences and operational excellence, ensuring that our partner programs and policies are efficient and scalable. The ideal candidate will understand the mechanics of the processes within Salesforce.com and leverage that experience in the assessment of other systems and process initiatives as required. This person will understand the meaning of “best in class” and see a positive partner and sales experience as the driving factor in all they do.
- Identify, create, and implement processes and process improvements as required
- Provide strategic input into partner programs
- Manage requirements of the sales KPI attributes within Salesforce.com and other corporate systems
- Manage Go to Market training for channel sales teams
- Work closely with BI and Operations teams to create best practice implementation within the support systems
- Ability to manage people and activities, without having direct reporting responsibility
- Ability to work cross functionally, at all levels, with positive results
- Channel company experience and/or background in sales operations or partner operations preferred
- Process and project management skills a must
- Global/international experience is a plus
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Familiarity with Distribution, 2 Tier, Services Partner Programs
- Ability to support the field with Marketing Programs and Marketing Plan development
- Collaborative and self-motivated, with both creative and analytical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to logically plan and set priorities, identify and resolve problems to produce measurable results Professional presence and the ability to influence others at all levels across functions is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must communicate openly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree required