The Tripp Lite Director of Sales is a strategic leadership role responsible for the achievement of aggressive growth targets by developing and implementing strategies for “win-win” solutions that contribute growth and value to both the Tripp Lite US Channel Sales business and our largest reseller partners.
Reporting directly to the EVP of US Channel Sales, the Director of Sales is a key member of the Sales Leadership Team and will direct all facets of the distributor/reseller account activities including sales development, marketing and inventory.
Sales Development/ Leadership
- Strategic development and execution of Tripp Lite channel sales and marketing strategy.
- Maintain relationships with key sales leadership via travel, meetings, business reviews and entertainment to develop sales initiatives for team rollouts and execution.
- Track sales pipeline, deal registration requests and bid programs, develop quarterly co-op plan/budget for all sales contests, incentives and incremental spend.
- Leading the sales management of the distributor teams in order to ensure the effective development and execution of departmental and corporate plans.
- Establishing and achieving performance objectives, goals and criteria as well as providing the support and direction critical to achievement.
- Negotiate bi-annual marketing plan with optimal ROI for Tripp Lite.
- Develop sales incentives and quarterly incentives/spiffs with solid ROI.
- Develop quarterly sales out rebates and buy-in skus.
- Establish plan of action for all National Account Managers and customer facing events; customer technology showcases, TSS, floor days, new hire trainings, Tripp Lite Solution Center visits, etc.
- Creation of go-to-market strategies for new product launches utilizing inventory enhancement, e-commerce, online descriptions, customer trade show, competitive analysis and sales initiatives.
- Develop and execute quarterly VIR. Plan via negotiations, buy-ins and weekly inventory goals.
- Meet YOY net purchase goals.
- Work with buyers to manage inventory of 3000+ skus, days of supply, bring in new skus, focus skus, etc.
- Coordinate quarterly promotions; manage inventory, web pricing, descriptions and set-up.
- Conduct weekly inventory analysis and requests to purchasing.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing sales teams. An experienced sales leader, strategist and revenue builder with a proven ability to motivate and develop employees in building high performance sales teams and supporting significant revenue product portfolios.
- “Hands on” leader who exhibits a strong work ethic and collaborative management style by delving deeply into details to achieve wins and accelerate the sales plan. Responsible and opportunistic in driving KPI through National Account Manager teams and thrives in a growth oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate is a dynamic, confident, driven and articulate leader who can interact effectively at all levels of the organization, forging high trust relationships, communicating in a compelling and direct fashion. Business acumen and influence are important in establishing credibility across the Tripp Lite organization, locally and globally.
- BA/BS in business/commerce. MBA preferred. Previous engagement/experience with distributors is an asset.
- Candidate will be based at Tripp Lite’s Chicago HQ and travel as required to distributor sales locations. 40% Travel.
About the Company
Tripp Lite is the leading Data Center Solution provider in the channel with over 90 years of experience. Headquartered in the Bridgeport neighborhood of Chicago, Tripp Lite manufactures more than 3500+ products in our product catalog, namely our flagship brands of UPS systems, power distribution products (PDU's), rack enclosures, KVM switches, cables and connectivity solutions designed for ease of use from large commercial operations and everything in between. Tripp Lite has an intelligent solution to all of your power needs.