Chelsea Technologies LLC is a dynamic Managed IT Services firm that provides first-class design, implementation, hosting & support services to the global financial industry. Our primary objective is to deliver business solutions that ensure clients achieve and maintain a competitive edge.
For more than 26 years, Chelsea Technologies has remained on the forefront of technological innovation, navigating clients through a complete IT revolution with a focus on helping firms understand the practical business implications of emerging technologies. Our focus is to improve our client’s performance through technology solutions, thus reducing IT expenditure while maintaining the highest levels of network up-time, hardware reliability, data integrity and application stability. With offices in New York City and Fort Lauderdale, FL, Chelsea Technologies team of certified professionals possess a wide array of expertise in business management and emerging technologies.
The Project Engineer ’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the client’s information systems as well as ensure the stability and integrity of the client’s market data, voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems as well as planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) for the clients. The Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. In addition, the Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Lead engineering projects, developing new solutions for clients.
- Develop project objects by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Create and manage product specification project plans and ensure all activities proceed to schedule.
- Monitor and coordinate with internal and external resources.
- Create designs and drawings in Visio.
- Create and maintain product validation documents.
- Receive and record technical and/or application support calls from end users.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems.
- Maintain overall ownership of users’ issues & services ensuring resolution within a timely manner.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Support the following technologies: Windows Desktop XP-10, Windows Server 2003-2016, Microsoft Office, laptops, networked copiers/printers, LAN/WAN equipment, connectivity and others as assigned.
- Work independently with minimum supervision as well as part of a larger team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 5 years related experience.
- Network+, Security+, ITIL Foundations,VTSP, MCTS, MSCA, MCSE, CCNA certifications preferred.
- 3+ years directly related work experience in a technical support position.
- 3+ years in a team-oriented collaborative environment, specifically at a Managed Services Provider (MSP).
- Knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques.
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
The range is $80,000 - $90,000, depending on skills, experience and education.