• Champion newly developed standards and guidelines for cloud infrastructure that is migrating from a traditional datacenter infrastructure.
• Demonstrate expertise and thorough understanding of major system components (i.e., Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure) in completing assigned tasks with the direction of migrating to a cloud infrastructure.
• Write cloud formation templates for logs, metrics, and alarms.
• Act as a mentor to other systems engineering team members, as necessary and appropriate.
• Develop plans and procedures and establish guidelines for overall system performance improvement.
• Work closely with development groups, support groups, and vendors to coordinate special operations, and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines.
• Diagnose system performance problems using available standard performance tools and system indicators.
• Develop optimum system configurations and plans for cloud infrastructure.
• Demonstrate understanding of Cloud performance principles.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of all system components and of program products assigned to support.
• Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for the exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
• Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation.
• Proper creation, execution, documentation, and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
• All other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred
10+ years of Systems Engineering experience
3+ years of Cloud Engineering experience with demonstrate expertise and thorough understanding of major system components (i.e., Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure) in completing assigned tasks with the direction of migrating to a cloud infrastructure.
Cloud / AWS or Azure engineering
Cloud / AWS or Azure performance monitoring and managing
Cloud / AWS or Azure standards and formation templates,