What You’ll Do?
You will design and develop application software to provision Cisco's Cloud Services. This group is building an Orchestrator product for the NFV and SDN area, which will empower the world’s fastest growing cloud development platform. The ideal candidate will participate in a team of engineers involved in development of new and exciting products in NFV and Virtualization Management.
Other responsibilities will include the following?
●Develop a Cloud management application for network equipment that includes switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and the various virtualized appliances
● Architect, design, test and deliver system software to satisfy product requirements
●Work with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
●Participate in technical discussions and provide innovation to the product
Who You’ll Work With?
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We live in a world of many Clouds. Cisco's cloud strategy articulates the cutting edge solutions that combine computing, storage, and networking resources within the data center while connecting these together into different type of clouds.
Now, we're entering the phase of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) - an era where customers are demanding the virtualization of entire classes of network functions into building blocks that may be connected, or chained, together to create services.
NFV is a network architecture concept, that is driving one of the biggest market transitions for Cisco and our customers. It's where everything is converged on the Cloud, making provisioning of services more relevant and valuable than before.
If you are a developer whose passion lies in utilizing the latest software technologies in a DevOps model to embark on this new phase of Networking Virtualization in the Cloud, then this position is for you.
Our minimum qualifications for this role are the following;
● Minimum of 5-7 years of experience developing software applications using Java, JEE, and WebServices
● Experience with networking and network management concepts are a big plus such as SDN, NFV
● Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, VMWare, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, Storage and Networking solutions is very desirable
● Good exposure to Scripting technologies (Python, Salt, Ansible) is desirable
● Experience with Object Oriented programming is a Must
● Exposure to technologies such as JSON, XML, REST, and Erlang are a plus
● Ability to solve complex problems creatively
● Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing product and component level architecture.
● Excellent verbal and writing skills
● Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environments
Interested candidates can apply directly by going to the following URL: