Globalstar is hiring a Regional Sales Manager-North East Region to join our team!
This is a field regional sales manager position covering the North East Region. BS/BA in business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience. 6+ years of field sales, sales management, 10 years B2B with line marketing experience; Excellent customer relation skills; knowledge of target market industries; well developed distribution management skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; well developed presentation skills; excellent customer relation skills; ability to travel extensively within assigned territory.
The current territory for the North East Region consists of Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts. This is subject to change. Home base must be in the New York to DC Area. Other states in territory may be considered.
Major job responsibilities are, however not limited to the following:
- Work directly with agent and reseller locations using Globalstar’s distribution programs to sell Globalstar services.
- Must be able to demonstrate a history of B2B success with a specific knowledge of the territory in key accounts.
- Must be able to provide a business plan on territory.
- Generates leads and prospects new business as well as creates new service opportunities with the existing dealer base. Carries “paper” quota” for 100% completion of all sales related tasks which are quantifiable, i.e.: prospecting and new appointments. Identify customer needs and utilize solution-based selling techniques to fully demonstrate the value of Globalstar products and services. Recommend satellite solutions with regard to price plans, data and other enhanced services, handsets and accessories. Negotiate and close deals.
- Determine regional strategies for Globalstar product and SPOT product, accessory and service sales.
- Focus on designated vertical segments in the assigned territory.- must be able to demonstrate.
- Train and support distribution locations as required – sales training, activations, customer care procedures, sales promotions, etc.
- Work with our Simplex VAR and SPOT retail teams to help cultivate business opportunities.
- Expand distributions to exceed sales goals – add quality distributors to reach specific geographical and vertical markets, and establish procedures for “churn” of distributors to ensure those chosen are performing.
- Travel as required to support distribution locations in the assigned territory.
- Perform and report studies of competition in the territory.
- Provide sales reports to management
- Participate in quarterly sales conferences, and provide support to other field sales personnel as directed.
- Meet sales targets as defined in the Quarterly Sales Commission Plan
- BS/BA in business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years B2B proven sales
- 6+ years of field dealer sales, sales management, and line marketing experience
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Knowledge of target market industries- will be asked for specifics.
- ability to travel extensively within assigned territory
COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Who are We?
Globalstar is a leading provider of mobile satellite voice and data services. Customers around the world in industries such as government, emergency management, marine, logging, oil & gas and outdoor recreation rely on Globalstar to conduct business smarter and faster, maintain peace of mind and access emergency personnel. Globalstar data solutions are ideal for various asset and personal tracking, data monitoring, SCADA and IoT applications. The Company's products include mobile and fixed satellite telephones, the innovative Sat-Fi satellite hotspot, Simplex and Duplex satellite data modems, tracking devices and flexible service packages.
Globalstar offers a competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, wellness program, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, life Insurance, accidental injury, long term disability, short-term disability, holiday pay, vacation and sick days.
Globalstar is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.