National Account Manager—SHI
Tripp Lite is seeking an organized and energetic sales professional to join our U.S. Channel Sales Team. The SHI National Account Manager is based in Somerset, NJ and manages business aspects of the SHI Corporate Sales division as well as relationships with sales teams and sales management.
With a focus on driving revenue and generating leads, the National Account Manager is responsible for on-site engagement at SHI’s Somerset office 3-4 days a week. The other 1-2 days will be spent traveling in the field with SHI outside reps. There will also be some travel to SHI Satellite locations to increase brand awareness.
In collaboration with sales representatives, the National Account Manager identifies business opportunities and conducts follow-up as necessary to close large deals. Related responsibilities include writing quotes, leading conference calls, tracking sales activity and resolving customer issues.
• Conduct consulting and partnership-selling activities to build and maintain strong customer relationships
• Develop and convey a strong understanding of which Tripp Lite solutions fit customer needs
• Build and manage the sales pipeline with a focus on solution-based selling
• Work proactively with Tripp Lite Sales Engineers to start solution-oriented sales practices
• Develop and execute marketing programs, contests and incentives
• Create sales opportunities through sales trainings and other sales-related activities
• Excellent customer service, account management and negotiation abilities
• Demonstrated ability to develop opportunities and close large deals
• Excellent presentation skills and written communication skills
• Ability to set goals and self-manage according to set objectives
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with logging activity on Salesforce.com
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Travel, including quarterly visits to SHI corporate headquarters in Somerset, NJ and/or quarterly visits to Tripp Lite corporate headquarters in Chicago, IL for ongoing sales development and training
• Must have reliable transportation to get to/from SHI as well as to local events.
• Must have the means to front business expenditures which will be reimbursed through the expense system.
• IT channel/distribution experience, specifically with SHI
• Current contacts and relationships within SHI