As a National Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for driving sales at one of Carbonite’s largest National partners. You’ll be focused on all Carbonite product lines: Carbonite, EVault and Mail Store. Executing on Carbonite’s distribution strategy, you will execute quarterly sales plans with a focus on activities that have a direct impact on increasing revenue.
Working in concert with Carbonite’s Sr Manager, Channel Sales - NSPs, you’ll drive awareness of Carbonite on the sales floor, define and execute sales programs and events, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business and sales objectives.
This role is a great opportunity for a rising channel sales star to expand their channel sales skills and have a direct impact on a fast-growing business and Carbonite’s strategic success.
- Motivate both Carbonite and CDW sales teams to drive sales growth and exceed sales objectives
- Educate sales teams on the full Carbonite product offering, pricing, and competitive advantages
- Provide sales support through joint sales calls with CDW reps
- Participate in sales and marketing events to drive a higher return on investment
- Build strong relationships with CDW sales teams through active time on the sales floor
- Clearly understand Carbonite’s channel strategy to achieve short and long-term channel objectives
Key Challenges to Overcome
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met with high quality in a timely manner
- Manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment and balance the immediate needs with longer-term strategic objectives
- Gain and maintain a high level of mindshare within partner accounts, and find creative and lasting ways to motivate their sales reps to sell Carbonite products
Skills, Experience and Characteristics
- 3+ years of sales and/or business development experience in the technology industry
- 3+ years of channel sales experience working with National Partners and Resellers
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving channel sales growth
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Sense of urgency and work pride
- Up to 25% travel
A candidate’s characteristics will be of primary concern, overshadowing experience and skills. Desired attributes include:
- Passionate about the things that count.
- Sense of urgency – don’t leave for tomorrow what can be done today.
- Customer centric –customers’ perception is our reality.
- Desire for excellence - we all succeed (and fail) together.
- Takes ownership and accepts accountability.
- Tenacity – rolls up their sleeves and makes it happen.
- Adaptable and flexible – the only thing that’s constant is change.
- Team player – we’ve got each other’s backs.
- Results oriented – not afraid to fail.
- Cares about people. Employees and Company are complementary – not contradictory.
- Loyal to the company and the team.
- Highly developed professional and personal ethics.
- A good sense of humor. Can laugh at their mistakes – and learn from them.