This position provides assistance and input to management, develops and leads large multifunctional development activities, solves complex technical problems, writes complex code for computer systems, and serves as a senior source of expertise. The position may also provide sizing or budget recommendations to management.
• Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
• Provide design input across a product.
• Work directly with customers and end users.
• Serve as acknowledged go to person on coding and technical issues.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Complete complex bug fixes. ? Design and work with complex data models. ? Mentor lead software developers interested in consultancy on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
• All other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Account
10+ years of Software Engineering experience
BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Solid background in Visual Studio C#, .NET framework, ASP.NET
• WPF and the MVVM design pattern
• Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control containers
• Knowledgeable of “SOLID” design principles
• Knowledge of REST principles
• Experience with machine learning, statistical/algorithmic programming, or R- This role will include developing algorithms for predictions and data-driven associations in the product
• Experience with enterprise .Net development, ideally full stack in an agile SAAS environment
• Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge.
• Expertise in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
• Expertise in industry technology language development trends.
• Expertise in test-driven development and maintenance including techniques for applying best practices for overall project benefit.
• Expert knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Strong budgeting/finance skills.
• Proven expertise in the use and development of applicable desktop tool sets.
• Proven expert in partnering and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and/or Staff Augmentation.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in external resource development.
• Solid knowledge of architectural principles.
• Ability to partner and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Ability to design and work with complex data models.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Advance communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.